Free legal consultation for all Nassau County residents affected by superstorm Sandy is being made available by the Nassau County Bar Association this month.
One-on-one appointments are currently being scheduled for four sessions - December 10 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Devember 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Volunteer attorney's will be on hand at the Nassau County Bar Association offices, located at the corner of 15th Street and West Street in Mineola, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3-7 p.m for help with a variety of subjects related to the storm including:
- Homeowner, flood, property damage, automobile insurance claims
- Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance and grants
- Debt deferral
- Consumer protection issues
- Landlord-tenant issues
- Assistance in dealing with lenders to avoid foreclosure
- Health,disability,personal injury,post-traumatic stress issues
- Pro bono alternative dispute resolution (mediation and arbitration) for neighbor disputes arising from the storm
Bilingual attorneys are avalable upon request. Call 516-747-4070 to set an appointment.