Ophthalmologist Dr. Joseph Bacotti has enjoyed a thriving practice in Mineola since 1990, but when the opportunity came along to expand the practice by offering specialized services for most subspecialties of ophthalmology and optometry, he jumped at it.
Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island (OCLI), one of the largest eye care practices in the U.S., with locations throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, has joined the burgeoning practice at 330 Old Country Road, Suite 100.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held two weeks ago with doctors, in addition to Mineola and former President Ray Sikorski in attendance.
OCLI was searching for a convenient location like Mineola for some time, Bacotti said. The practice, which now serves more than 1,000 patients a month, will add such specialized services as laser cataract surgery, corneal care, Age Related Macular Degeneration and other retinal disease management, functional and cosmeic eye and facial plastic surgery and comprehensive eye care for the family.
“We’re taking this to a new level of patient care,” Bacotti said. “We’re bringing all these specialties under one roof. Everything is going to be here, and we’re going to be able to serve all the opthamaligical needs of patients.”
The office will undergo an expansion toward the end of the year that will 1,300 square feet in the patient contact area, Bacotti said.
Tom Burke, CEO of OCLI, said the new location “allows OCLI Eye Doctors to provide specialized care and increased hours for residents of Mineola, Garden City and the surrounding communities.”
The doctors available in this office are:
- Joseph Bacotti, MD, specialist in cataract surgery with lens implantation as well as comprehensive ophthalmology
- Gerard D’Aversa, MD, OCLI partner and specialist in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery
- Peter Wong, MD, OCLI partner specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive eye and facial surgery
- Daniel Kiernan, MD, OCLI ophthalmologist specializing in medical and surgical diseases of the retina
- Valerie Trubnik, MD OCLI ophthalmologist specializing in glaucoma management and cataract surgery
- Raymond Mariani, OD, Paul Galstian, OD and Eric Verruto, OD specialize in primary eye care.
OCLI eye doctors and specialists represent most subspecialties of ophthalmology and optometry. In addition to the new Mineola location existing OCLI practices are in Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Valley Stream, East Setauket, Manhasset, East Meadow, Port Jefferson and Inwood.