NCPD made seven arrests between June 26 and July 3 across Nassau County. The latest report showed a drop from the two previous weeks where 34 arrests were made.
While their latest report showed a drop, Fourth of July weekend may show a dramatic increase in DWI arrests. The holiday is one of the deadliest for drunk driving fatalities and ranks among the top days for DWI arrests.
Nassau Police have not yet released an official count of DWI charges for the holiday weekend.
Nassau County Police reported the following charges. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.
- June 26: Stanislav Gomberg, 25, of Ossining charged with DWI at Hempstead Turnpike and Prospect Avenue, East Meadow.
- June 27: Israel Baca-Ramos, 33, of Old Bethpage charged with DWI at Bagel Boss, Hicksville.
- June 27: Katelyn Kenny, 23, of Commack charged with DWI on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.
- June 27: Mark Depperman, 21, of Levittown charged with DWI on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.
- June 28: Saju Thomas, 36, of Elmont charged with DWI at Jericho Turnpike and 251st Street in Bellerose.
- June 29: Jose Martinez, 36, of New Cassel charged with DWI on School Street in Westbury.
- June 29: Sandra Armienti, 62, of Manhasset charged with DWI on the Long Island Expressway in Westbury.