Nassau County Police have arrested 12 individuals for selling alcohol and tobacco to minors. Six of the arrests came from locations in Mineola, Garden City Park and New Hyde Park.
The arrests occurred on September 15 as part of the “Project 21” initiative within the Third Precinct.
According to Third Precinct officers, with the assistance of an underage agent, the following individuals were arrested for Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage and Unlawful Dealing with a Child:
- Kalpeshkumar Soni, 41, of Westbury sold alcohol to a minor from Cordial Wines and Liquors, Mineola.
- Kay Duk Byun, 53, of Little Neck sold a pack of cigarettes to a minor at the Gulf Gas Station located at 2399 Jericho Tpke, Garden City Park.
- Paul Krumholz, 22, of Garden City Park sold alcohol to a minor at Thrifty Beverage Garden City Park.
- Tan Lam Sze, 35, of Elmhurst sold alcohol to a minor at Mineola Liquor, Mineola.
- Ram Gopal, 51, of Bellerose sold alcohol and a pack of cigarettes to a minor at BP gas station located at 200 Hillside Avenue, North New Hyde Park. Gopal is charged with an additional count of Unlawful Dealing with a Child.
- Joseph Nazzari, 32, of Floral Park sold two alcoholic beverages to two different minors at New Hyde Park Wines & Liquors in North New Hyde Park. He is being charged with an additional count of Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage and Unlawful Dealing with a Child.
The above defendants were released on a Nassau County Appearance Ticket returnable to First District Court, Hempstead on October 2.