The Mineola Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on Wednesday, January 9. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars – Pvt. Adolph Block Post No. 1305 requested the use of a community center general purpose on the following dates from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. for their general meetings: January 23, February 27, March 27, April 24, May 22, June 26, July 24, August 28, September 25, October 23, November 20, December 18.
- The Mineola Athletic Association requested the use of a community center general purpose room on Tuesday, February 5 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, February 9 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for AED/CPR training. Each of the coaches have to be certified in AED/CPR in case of any incidents. There are also AEDs around the fields.
- Winthrop University-Hospital requested use of the community center auditorium for its free community wellness education program series from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the following dates: February 27, April 18, April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, May 16, May 21, May 21. The hospital approached the village explaining that due to the construction of the new diabetes research center they had to displace some of their free community programs to another location since it could not accommodate all of them, asking the village for use of the community. “Since the programs benefit the hometown community it made sense to do it,” village clerk Joseph Scalero said, noting that certain dates were not available and that the hospital comes fully insured.
- A budgetary line transfer was approved for $812.40 in unused community development funds from the line entitled “36th Year – PF&I – Neighboring Facilities” to “36th Year – Residential Rehabilitation.”
- The moneys are excessed funds which were not used in rehabilitation construction projects and would be applied toward rehab construction for seniors within the village so they can afford to stay in their homes.
- The fund is run by former mayor Robert Hinck.
The next meeting of the Mineola Village Board will be on Wednesday, January 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the village hall.