The Mineola Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on Wednesday, March 13. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
2013 Little League Parade
- The Mineola Athletic Association will hold its annual opening day parade on Saturday, April 6 beginning at 10 a.m. at Wilson Park along the following route:
- north on Union Street to Westbury Avenue
- west on Westbury Avenue to Roslyn Road
- north on Roslyn Road to Jericho Turnpike
- west on Jericho Turnpike to Mineola Boulevard
- south on Mineola Boulevard to Second Street
- east on Second Street to Willis Avenue
- north on Willis Avenue into the little league complex.
- The Meadow Drive School requested the use of Wilson Park for their annual kindergarten through second grade picnic on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 with a raindate of Wednesday, June 12, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Mineola School District requested use of the John S. DaVanzo Community Pool for its special education summer program from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on the following Mondays: July 8, July 15, July 22, July 29, August 5.
- The Nassau Pops Symphony Orchestra requested use of Memorial Park on Friday, July 26 in conjunction with the Village of Mineola Summer Concert Series.
- The board approved a trip for building department superintendent Dan Whalen to attend the Hudson Valley CEO Educational Conference from April 17-19, 2013 in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- This is an annual conference that Whalen participates in “that gives me part of the minimum requisite requirements, my continuing education requirements for the state to continue my certification,” he said.
- The conference provides 19 of the 24 credits that Whalen needs for the year.
The next meeting of the Mineola Village Board will be on Wednesday, March 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the village hall.