- The board authorized Peter Ferreira and Gabriel Fernandes to attend the ACRT - Basic Arborist Training School in Akron, Ohio from October 14-18 in accordance with the village’s travel expense reimbursement policy.
- The school will provide the men with certification as national tree pruners/ cutters.
- The village currently only has one such certification on staff.
Justice Court Grant
- The village will submit a grant application for improvements to the justice court under the 2013 New York State Justice Court Assistance Program (JCAP) grant.
- The village has a fund established to stay current with the year’s needs.
- In 2012 the village received a grant to upgrade its file system.
- This year the JCAP is offering technology grants up to $30,000 which the village is exploring for upgrading digital handheld scanners for parking meters.
- “It’s an option we’re considering,” village clerk Joseph Scalero said.
The next meeting of the Mineola Village Board will be on Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the village hall.