The held a meeting on Thursday, March 1. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
Hampton Construction Update
- The warm weather has helped speed of the .
- Superintendent Dr. Michael Nagler showed photos of the interior walls going up for the art and music room as well as the library.
- “There’s a lot of progress here,” he said, noting workers have already begun laying the outside brick.
- The board approved the following prorated stipends for , respectively: Lisa Marino ($898) and Donald Leopardi ($896).
High School Report
- student Mathias Penaherrera reported that the high school held its Valentine’s Day bake sale, raising over $300. “The carnations and the fondue were a big hit,” he said.
- A group of high school students as part of the . Dr. Nagler showed a pair of postcards that he had received from the students while overseas.
- A presentation entitled “Making a Difference” will be held at the high school on March 29 to benefit the Mary Brennan INN soup kitchen and Mineola Community Food Pantries. Since the presentation is the same night as a planned board of education meeting, the board will meet at the high school that night to help show support for the project.
Other Board News
- A budgetary transfer in the amount of $11, 800 for the replacement of three garage doors at the transportation garage was approved.
- The polling place for the May 2012 budget vote for those who typically cast their ballots at the will instead be at the American Legion Hall in Williston Park.