Mineola public school and Chaminade students will enjoy the first snow day of the 2014 on Wednesday as the year's second major storm bears down on Long Island. Accumulations are expected to reach at least 10 inches.
Continued heavy bands of snow and high winds have caused several cancellations/closings in Mineola:
- Both the Mineola Public Schools and Chaminade High School are closed, Wednesday, Jan. 22, due to the snow storm. All school activities are canceled as well.
- The Mineola Village Hall offices will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. The next meeting of the Mineola Village Board is Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hofstra University's campus is closed Wednesday.
- All Wednesday Nassau Community College day classes and activities, including online classes, and activities that begin at 2 p.m. or later will resume.
- The Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) urges customers to check service before heading to train stations.