From children's theater to a world festival, there are plenty of activities for the entire family to enjoy. Here are five picks:
- Saturday at 2 p.m. See “The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle Favorites,” performed by Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia at Tilles Center for the Performing Arts at LIU Post. Ages 3 and up. Tickets: $15 and $23. Learn more. The Tilles Center is located at 720 Northern Boulevard, Brookville.
- Sunday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Bowl for less at Farmingdale Lanes. $2 per game. . Farmingdale Lanes is located at 999 Conklin Street, Farmingdale.
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Long Island Winter Farmers Market in Huntington Station. Fresh regional produce and artisan food, including dairy, bread, pasta, baked goods pies and more. Jack Abrams School, 155 Lowndes Ave., Huntington Station.
- Sunday, 1-6 p.m. Visit World Festival 2014 at Port Washington Public Library. Play games, make crafts, taste foods and enjoy music, dance and theater from 35 countries around the world. Additional performances across the street from 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Landmark on Main Street This event is free. The library is located at One Library Drive in Port Washington.
- Sunday, 1-4 p.m. Family Sundays at Nassau County Museum in Roslyn Harbor. There is a 1 p.m. docent-led family walk-through of the exhibition and supervised art activities for the entire family beginning at 1:30 p.m. Special family-friendly gallery guides of the main exhibition are available in the galleries. Family Sundays at the Museum are free with museum admission, reservations not needed. The museum is located at One Museum Drive, Roslyn Harbor.