The headquarters of the Mineola Fire Dept. was built in 1923 and the original home of Fire Company No. 3. The two-story brick headquarters was enlarged during a renovation in 1962 and again in 2000 to add two engine bays, bringing the total to six. The main bays of the headquarters open onto Washington Ave., directly across the street from Village Hall. The front of the building along Jericho Turnpike features a side entrance to the headquarters just beyond an alarm bell and a small statue dedicated to those who have served in the MFD.